Met department warns of heavy rainfall in North Chhattisgarh
Raipur: The meteorological department has warned of heavy rainfall along with high velocity winds in Northern Chhattisgarh due to the impact of Cyclone "Phailin".
Heavy, to very heavy rains are expected to lash districts of Sarguja division neighbouring in Jharkhand until 9 am tomorrow, Raipur Meteorological Centre Director M L Sahu said on Sunday.
Wind storms at 50 kmph could trigger in the northern belt of the state, while other districts may witness light to moderate showers as clouds have begun forming in several pockets, he added.
Officials have been told to monitor water levels of rivers in the northern part of the state as a precautionary measure to avoid flood like situation, another official said.
The disaster management department is monitoring the situation, as heavy rainfall expected in Jharkhand and Bihar may increase river water level in North Chhattisgarh, he said.
District collectors in Jharkhand and Odisha in the northern region have been put on alert, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!