Met department warns of heavy rainfall in North Chhattisgarh
Raipur: The meteorological department has warned of heavy rainfall along with high velocity winds in Northern Chhattisgarh due to the impact of Cyclone "Phailin".
Heavy, to very heavy rains are expected to lash districts of Sarguja division neighbouring in Jharkhand until 9 am tomorrow, Raipur Meteorological Centre Director M L Sahu said on Sunday.
Wind storms at 50 kmph could trigger in the northern belt of the state, while other districts may witness light to moderate showers as clouds have begun forming in several pockets, he added.
Officials have been told to monitor water levels of rivers in the northern part of the state as a precautionary measure to avoid flood like situation, another official said.
The disaster management department is monitoring the situation, as heavy rainfall expected in Jharkhand and Bihar may increase river water level in North Chhattisgarh, he said.
District collectors in Jharkhand and Odisha in the northern region have been put on alert, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon