Met department warns of heavy rainfall in North Chhattisgarh
Raipur: The meteorological department has warned of heavy rainfall along with high velocity winds in Northern Chhattisgarh due to the impact of Cyclone "Phailin".
Heavy, to very heavy rains are expected to lash districts of Sarguja division neighbouring in Jharkhand until 9 am tomorrow, Raipur Meteorological Centre Director M L Sahu said on Sunday.
Wind storms at 50 kmph could trigger in the northern belt of the state, while other districts may witness light to moderate showers as clouds have begun forming in several pockets, he added.
Officials have been told to monitor water levels of rivers in the northern part of the state as a precautionary measure to avoid flood like situation, another official said.
The disaster management department is monitoring the situation, as heavy rainfall expected in Jharkhand and Bihar may increase river water level in North Chhattisgarh, he said.
District collectors in Jharkhand and Odisha in the northern region have been put on alert, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report