Met department warns of heavy rainfall in North Chhattisgarh
Raipur: The meteorological department has warned of heavy rainfall along with high velocity winds in Northern Chhattisgarh due to the impact of Cyclone "Phailin".
Heavy, to very heavy rains are expected to lash districts of Sarguja division neighbouring in Jharkhand until 9 am tomorrow, Raipur Meteorological Centre Director M L Sahu said on Sunday.
Wind storms at 50 kmph could trigger in the northern belt of the state, while other districts may witness light to moderate showers as clouds have begun forming in several pockets, he added.
Officials have been told to monitor water levels of rivers in the northern part of the state as a precautionary measure to avoid flood like situation, another official said.
The disaster management department is monitoring the situation, as heavy rainfall expected in Jharkhand and Bihar may increase river water level in North Chhattisgarh, he said.
District collectors in Jharkhand and Odisha in the northern region have been put on alert, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why