Mining companies owe Rs 220 crore permitfee to Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A total of Rs 220.9 crore permit fee for transportation of minerals is outstanding to the Chhattisgarh government from the 10 companies operating in the state, the assembly was told Thursday.
Till Feb 15, a sum of Rs 4.14 crore was outstanding as permit fee from four establishments for the mineral extracted from the forest areas of the state, Forest Minister Vikram Usendi said in a written reply to a question by opposition Congress member Mohammed Akbar.
He said that during 2012-13, the amount collected as permission fee for mined minerals and their transportation from leased establishments were - from Hyderabad-headquartered public sector NMDC Ltd. Rs.30,16,30,938), from Godavari Power, Raipur (Rs.17,51,908), SECL, Bilaspur (Rs.79,34,531), OCL India Ltd, Rajgangapur (Rs.1 lakh).
Usendi said that the Comptroller and Auditor General of India in its 2009-10 report had raised objections regarding non-collection of permit fee and non-issuance of permits during transportation of minerals from the converted forest land.
As per the information available from the mineral resources department, between June 2002 to Sep 30, 2012, a preliminary estimate had been made for collection of permit fee based on the amount of minerals transported from reserved and conserved forest land.
As per estimates made by the department, an amount of Rs.144.62 crore was pending as permit fee for transportation of 20.66 crore tonne of iron ore by NMDC.
The outstanding permit fee of other companies and individuals for transportation of minerals are -- Sarda Energy, Raipur (Rs 52.30 lakh), Bhilai Steel Plant (Rs 31.54 crore), Jeevanlal Jain, Bhanupratappur (Rs 10.49 lakh), Godavari Power, Raipur (Rs 1.13 crore), Jaiswal Nico, Raipur (Rs 76.28 lakh), OCL India, Rajgangapur (Rs.17.64 lakh), Monnet Ispat , Raipur (Rs 1.51 crore), Prakash Industries, New Delhi (Rs 11.6 lakh) and SECL, Bilaspur (Rs 40.40 crore), Usendi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Priyanka, Aziz making tectonic shifts in business: Poorna Jagannathan
- On Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu's feats: Hats off to women for saving our respect in front of whole world, says Pullela Gopichand
- WATCH: Usain Bolt attempted javelin throw at Rio 2016 - His effort will shock you!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone