Minor gang-raped; nine held in Raipur
Raipur: A 15-year-old tribal girl was allegedly gang-raped in Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh and nine persons, including two minor boys, were arrested in this case, police said on Monday.
The incident had taken place on Saturday night when the girl was going to village Baturakchhar with her family members and relatives. Ten persons suddenly stopped them and asked her relatives to leave the place and later raped the girl, police said.
The victim`s family lodged a complaint with the police and the girl was later found in nearby Tildapara village.
The arrested have been identified as Jitendra Lakra (19), Pradeep Lakra (19), Suneel Lakra (19), Vijay Khakha (22), Nand Kishore Tirki (24), Sarwan Kerketta (22),Naveen Kerketta (25).
The two minor boys are 16-years old.
Hunt is on to nab one more accused in this connection that took place under the limits of Dhramajaygadh police station, a police official said, adding, further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley