Minor gang-raped; nine held in Raipur
Raipur: A 15-year-old tribal girl was allegedly gang-raped in Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh and nine persons, including two minor boys, were arrested in this case, police said on Monday.
The incident had taken place on Saturday night when the girl was going to village Baturakchhar with her family members and relatives. Ten persons suddenly stopped them and asked her relatives to leave the place and later raped the girl, police said.
The victim`s family lodged a complaint with the police and the girl was later found in nearby Tildapara village.
The arrested have been identified as Jitendra Lakra (19), Pradeep Lakra (19), Suneel Lakra (19), Vijay Khakha (22), Nand Kishore Tirki (24), Sarwan Kerketta (22),Naveen Kerketta (25).
The two minor boys are 16-years old.
Hunt is on to nab one more accused in this connection that took place under the limits of Dhramajaygadh police station, a police official said, adding, further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital