Minor gang-raped; nine held in Raipur
Raipur: A 15-year-old tribal girl was allegedly gang-raped in Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh and nine persons, including two minor boys, were arrested in this case, police said on Monday.
The incident had taken place on Saturday night when the girl was going to village Baturakchhar with her family members and relatives. Ten persons suddenly stopped them and asked her relatives to leave the place and later raped the girl, police said.
The victim`s family lodged a complaint with the police and the girl was later found in nearby Tildapara village.
The arrested have been identified as Jitendra Lakra (19), Pradeep Lakra (19), Suneel Lakra (19), Vijay Khakha (22), Nand Kishore Tirki (24), Sarwan Kerketta (22),Naveen Kerketta (25).
The two minor boys are 16-years old.
Hunt is on to nab one more accused in this connection that took place under the limits of Dhramajaygadh police station, a police official said, adding, further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra