Minor girl gang-raped by five youths in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A 14-year-old tribal girl was allegedly gang-raped by five youths, who also attacked her cousin brother at Ghoghardih village in Chhattisgarh`s Jashpur district.
Three of the accused have been arrested in the case, police said.
The minor school girl was gang-raped by five youths- Shyam Naagwanshi, Pintu Paikra, Munna Kumar, Chakku Urao and Kanel at Ghoghardih on March 2, Station House Officer of Kansabel, Anita Prabha Minj said.
The incident took place when the victim was returning to her native place from the weekly market at Kansabel along with her elder cousin.
The accused stopped them on the way and when the victim`s brother tried to resist, they assaulted him following which he fell unconscious. He was later thrown in a pit, the SHO said.
They later dragged the girl to a nearby secluded place where they sexually assaulted her through the night, the SHO said.
Before letting her go in the morning, the accused threatened her with dire consequences and asked her not to reveal the incident to anyone.
However, the girl later narrated the incident to her parents and lodged a case against the accused, she said.
Three accused- Shyam, Munna and Pintu were arrested on Monday, the SHO said adding that efforts are on to nab two others accused.
The injured cousin of the victim was admitted to a hospital where his condition was stated to be out of danger, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts
- Pfizer boosts cancer drug roster with $14 billion Medivation deal