Minor girl gang-raped by five youths in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A 14-year-old tribal girl was allegedly gang-raped by five youths, who also attacked her cousin brother at Ghoghardih village in Chhattisgarh`s Jashpur district.
Three of the accused have been arrested in the case, police said.
The minor school girl was gang-raped by five youths- Shyam Naagwanshi, Pintu Paikra, Munna Kumar, Chakku Urao and Kanel at Ghoghardih on March 2, Station House Officer of Kansabel, Anita Prabha Minj said.
The incident took place when the victim was returning to her native place from the weekly market at Kansabel along with her elder cousin.
The accused stopped them on the way and when the victim`s brother tried to resist, they assaulted him following which he fell unconscious. He was later thrown in a pit, the SHO said.
They later dragged the girl to a nearby secluded place where they sexually assaulted her through the night, the SHO said.
Before letting her go in the morning, the accused threatened her with dire consequences and asked her not to reveal the incident to anyone.
However, the girl later narrated the incident to her parents and lodged a case against the accused, she said.
Three accused- Shyam, Munna and Pintu were arrested on Monday, the SHO said adding that efforts are on to nab two others accused.
The injured cousin of the victim was admitted to a hospital where his condition was stated to be out of danger, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days