Minor girl raped in moving train, dumped near Bilaspur station
Bilaspur: A seven-year-old girl was raped in a moving train near Bilaspur in Chhattisgarh and later dumped at Bilaspur railway station, police said on Sunday.
The incident came to light on Saturday, when the victim was found severely injured in Kotwali area, they said.
"The girl was found seriously injured and profusely bleeding near Bhakt Kanwarram Market near Kotwali police station after which she was admitted to the Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences hospital last morning," said Bilaspur Superintendent of Police Ratanlal Dangi.
The victim`s medical examination has confirmed rape, he added.
The girl was travelling on the Howrah-Kurla Express and when she went to relieve herself yesterday an unidentified man allegedly followed her there and raped her, the victim said in her complaint.
Later the accused dumped her at Bilaspur railway station after giving her a Rs 10 note, the SP said.
"Although the police have not been able to record her statement because of her severe injuries, she narrated the incident to the Kotwali police as she was being taken to hospital," the SP added.
"She was unable to tell how she managed to reach the city from Bilaspur railway station," he said.
A case has been registered against an unknown person, while efforts are on to ascertain his identity, he said.
Meanwhile, the railway police has announced a cash reward of Rs 25,000 for information on the accused and are investigating closed circuit television camera footage from the railway station.
Bilaspur railway station`s Senior Divisional Security Commissioner B Ramakrishna said that the girl`s condition is critical.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail