MLA sits in a hunger strike
Jamshedpur: Congress MLA of Jamshedpur Banna Gupta sat in a hunger strike demanding solution of acute water, electricity and sanitation problem here.
Sub-divisional Officer (Dalbhum) Subodh Kumar told PTI that the district administration has assured Gupta to look into the demands.
Gupta sat in the hunger strike on Tuesday and refused to stop the strike despite assurance from the administration.
"I have been given assurances by the administration several times to improve the drinking water, electricity and sanitation problem in Jamshedpur and Mango area. But, nothing happened," Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Coal imports in July dip 11% to 18 MT
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again