MLA`s sons booked for withdrawing govt funds via fake invoice
Korba: Three persons, including two sons of a Congress MLA, have been booked for allegedly withdrawing government funds through fake invoices in Korba district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Friday.
The case was registered on Wednesday against Rohit Agrawal and Rishu Agrawal - sons of Korba MLA Jaisingh Agrawal - and Naresh Verma (the trio are partners in BB Verma Construction company) for withdrawing Rs 20-25 lakh from the government exchequer through fake bills, Katghora SHO Arun Joshi said.
However, no arrests have been made so far.
According to the officer, the accused have been charged with committing forgery during construction of Katghora-Ambikapur road, the contract of which their firm had won.
They allegedly received payments through counterfeit bills while work was on, he said.
Following court`s directives, an FIR was lodged against the trio under Sections 420, 467, 468, 471, 477 and other sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the SHO said.
An investigation is on and appropriate action would be taken in this connection, he said.
Notably, these three were earlier also booked in another such case of cheating for allegedly borrowing government funds through fake bills for coal tar purchase during construction of a road in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune