MLA`s sons booked for withdrawing govt funds via fake invoice
Korba: Three persons, including two sons of a Congress MLA, have been booked for allegedly withdrawing government funds through fake invoices in Korba district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Friday.
The case was registered on Wednesday against Rohit Agrawal and Rishu Agrawal - sons of Korba MLA Jaisingh Agrawal - and Naresh Verma (the trio are partners in BB Verma Construction company) for withdrawing Rs 20-25 lakh from the government exchequer through fake bills, Katghora SHO Arun Joshi said.
However, no arrests have been made so far.
According to the officer, the accused have been charged with committing forgery during construction of Katghora-Ambikapur road, the contract of which their firm had won.
They allegedly received payments through counterfeit bills while work was on, he said.
Following court`s directives, an FIR was lodged against the trio under Sections 420, 467, 468, 471, 477 and other sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the SHO said.
An investigation is on and appropriate action would be taken in this connection, he said.
Notably, these three were earlier also booked in another such case of cheating for allegedly borrowing government funds through fake bills for coal tar purchase during construction of a road in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...