MLA`s teenaged daughter ends life
Raipur: A 14-year-old daughter of a BJP MLA Thursday allegedly committed suicide by jumping from her hostel building in Khamardih area of Raipur, police said.
"Mona Mandavi, daughter of MLA Bhima Mandavi, a resident of Dantewada region (over 400 kms from here), jumped from the fourth floor of building `Aditya Heights` here in Khamardih area," Raipur Superintendent of Police O P Pal said.
A Class IX student of Mayoor International School, Mona was shifted to the hostel two days back, the SP said.
According to her friends, she usually spent time alone and did not mix up with her classmates, he said.
The Mayoor International School runs its hostel on the fourth and fifth floor of Aditya Heights building and around 43 school children are staying in the facility.
"Prima facie it seems the girl committed suicide by jumping from the building, but we are yet to ascertain the reason behind it. We are investigating the matter thoroughly," Pal said.
Mona was earlier studying at another private school in the state capital.
Meanwhile, some sources claimed that it might have been an accidental death.
Bhima Mandavi is the ruling party MLA from Dantewada Assembly seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...