MLA`s teenaged daughter ends life
Raipur: A 14-year-old daughter of a BJP MLA Thursday allegedly committed suicide by jumping from her hostel building in Khamardih area of Raipur, police said.
"Mona Mandavi, daughter of MLA Bhima Mandavi, a resident of Dantewada region (over 400 kms from here), jumped from the fourth floor of building `Aditya Heights` here in Khamardih area," Raipur Superintendent of Police O P Pal said.
A Class IX student of Mayoor International School, Mona was shifted to the hostel two days back, the SP said.
According to her friends, she usually spent time alone and did not mix up with her classmates, he said.
The Mayoor International School runs its hostel on the fourth and fifth floor of Aditya Heights building and around 43 school children are staying in the facility.
"Prima facie it seems the girl committed suicide by jumping from the building, but we are yet to ascertain the reason behind it. We are investigating the matter thoroughly," Pal said.
Mona was earlier studying at another private school in the state capital.
Meanwhile, some sources claimed that it might have been an accidental death.
Bhima Mandavi is the ruling party MLA from Dantewada Assembly seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!