MLA`s teenaged daughter ends life
Raipur: A 14-year-old daughter of a BJP MLA Thursday allegedly committed suicide by jumping from her hostel building in Khamardih area of Raipur, police said.
"Mona Mandavi, daughter of MLA Bhima Mandavi, a resident of Dantewada region (over 400 kms from here), jumped from the fourth floor of building `Aditya Heights` here in Khamardih area," Raipur Superintendent of Police O P Pal said.
A Class IX student of Mayoor International School, Mona was shifted to the hostel two days back, the SP said.
According to her friends, she usually spent time alone and did not mix up with her classmates, he said.
The Mayoor International School runs its hostel on the fourth and fifth floor of Aditya Heights building and around 43 school children are staying in the facility.
"Prima facie it seems the girl committed suicide by jumping from the building, but we are yet to ascertain the reason behind it. We are investigating the matter thoroughly," Pal said.
Mona was earlier studying at another private school in the state capital.
Meanwhile, some sources claimed that it might have been an accidental death.
Bhima Mandavi is the ruling party MLA from Dantewada Assembly seat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India