Motilal Vora made chief of Congress campaign committee in Chhattisgarh
New Delhi: Congress veteran Motilal Vora was on Tuesday made the Chairman of the Chattisgarh Pradesh Congress Campaign Committee, a post which a former Chief Minister Ajit Jogi was eyeing.
Jogi has been made the convener of the committee by PCC chief Charan Das Mahant. He is a member as also 25 other senior leaders.
Other prominent members included Leader of the Oppostion Ravindra Choubey, senior leader Mohsina Kidwai, Rampukar Singh, Bhupesh Baghel and Parasram Bhardwaj.
Jogi was keen for becoming the campaign committee chairman as it could have led to his projection as the party`s chief ministerial candidate. Jogi was the first chief Minister of Chhattisgarh after the state was created out of Madhya Pradesh.
Factionalism in the state Congress had derailed the formation of the committe for long. The announcement comes a day after the second list of 45 Congress candidates for assembly polls in the state were announced yesterday.
Amit and Renu Jogi, son and wife of Ajit Jogi figure in the list.
Congress is out of power in the state for last ten years.
Almost the entire top brass of the party in the state was wiped out in a deadly Naxal attack in May this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid