MP Cong slams C`garh CM over Maoist attack
Neemuch (MP): Madhya Pradesh Congress today criticised Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh over the Maoist attack on Congress` Parivartan Yatra in Sukma district on Saturday, which left 27 people, including senior party leaders, dead.
"Maoists killed Congress leaders by taking their names. The Chief Minister had prior knowledge about the Naxal attack, but failed to provide security to the Parivartan Yatra," Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee president Kantilal Bhuria alleged while talking to PTI.
Heavily armed Maoists ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on Saturday, killing 27 people including State Congress Chief Nand Kumar Patel, senior leader Mahendra Karma and ex-MLA Uday Mudliyar, besides leaving 37 others injured including former Union Minister V C Shukla.
Bhuria said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has ordered the National Investigative Agency (NIA) to carry out an investigation into the incident. "The probe will expose the ruling BJP government in the state," Bhuria said.
However, Madhya Pradesh Transport Minister Jagdish Devda termed Bhuria`s statement as completely "irresponsible" and said that Naxalites did not belong to any political party.
"It is an attempt by Bhuria to spread political enmity," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'