Mystery disease claims 12 lives in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A mysterious disease has claimed at least a dozen lives and affected more than 150 people in a remote Chhattisgarh village, a health official said Monday.
"I can confirm at least 12 deaths and more than 150 have been taken ill after a diarrhoea-like disease broke out in Dharmpur village in Bijapur district close to the Andhra Pradesh border," a source here in the directorate of health services said.
The village is over 500 km south of state capital Raipur.
"All the victims died after consistent vomiting and others too have similar problems. Since the area is in the interiors and also a Maoist stronghold, we are finding it difficult to provide urgent medical help," the source added.
"The deaths were reported in the past two-three days. But more information will be available only when our medical team meets the affected people," the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption