Mystery disease claims 12 lives in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A mysterious disease has claimed at least a dozen lives and affected more than 150 people in a remote Chhattisgarh village, a health official said Monday.
"I can confirm at least 12 deaths and more than 150 have been taken ill after a diarrhoea-like disease broke out in Dharmpur village in Bijapur district close to the Andhra Pradesh border," a source here in the directorate of health services said.
The village is over 500 km south of state capital Raipur.
"All the victims died after consistent vomiting and others too have similar problems. Since the area is in the interiors and also a Maoist stronghold, we are finding it difficult to provide urgent medical help," the source added.
"The deaths were reported in the past two-three days. But more information will be available only when our medical team meets the affected people," the source said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case