Naxal arrested after encounter in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxalite was arrested following an encounter with security personnel in the insurgency-hit Bastar district of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday, police said.
The Ultra was arrested following the gun-battle between rebels and the joint squad of Special Task Force (STF) and district force in Chandameta forests under Darbha police station limits, Bastar Superintendent of Police Ajay Yadav told PTI.
After the April 12 attack on an ambulance in Darbha region killing five CRPF personnel and two ambulance staff, the team of security forces was on a combing operation in the region to nab the attackers, he said.
On their way back to their fold today, Naxals triggered a landmine blast in Chandameta forest, located around 28 kms away from Darbha police station limits, and opened indiscriminate firing on the security forces, he said.
The exchange of fire continued for around an hour after which the Naxals fled to the forest.
"No injuries or causalities were reported in the incident," the SP said.
A combing operation was launched after the firing ceased and an ultra was nabbed, Yadav said, adding that the Naxal was being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi