Naxal attack in C`garh, CRPF official injured
Raipur: A CRPF official was on Monday injured when Naxals attacked a camp of paramilitary forces in insurgency-hit Sukma district in southern Chhattisgarh.
The incident took place at the camp of 150 battalion of the Central Reserve Police Force in the premises of Chintagufa police station early this morning, Sukma Additional Superintendent of Police Neeraj Chandrakar told PTI over phone.
Armed rebels opened indiscriminate fire at the camp leaving sub inspector rank official Mahendra Singh Meena seriously injured, he said.
However, rebels fled the spot after security forces launched retaliatory attack on them, he said adding a rescue team is being sent to retrieve the injured official out of the jungle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report