Naxal attack in C`garh, CRPF official injured
Raipur: A CRPF official was on Monday injured when Naxals attacked a camp of paramilitary forces in insurgency-hit Sukma district in southern Chhattisgarh.
The incident took place at the camp of 150 battalion of the Central Reserve Police Force in the premises of Chintagufa police station early this morning, Sukma Additional Superintendent of Police Neeraj Chandrakar told PTI over phone.
Armed rebels opened indiscriminate fire at the camp leaving sub inspector rank official Mahendra Singh Meena seriously injured, he said.
However, rebels fled the spot after security forces launched retaliatory attack on them, he said adding a rescue team is being sent to retrieve the injured official out of the jungle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- 1st Test, Day 1: Steve Smith-led Australia in driver's seat after bowling out Sri Lanka for 117
- 'Kabali' Rajinikanth follows just one politician on Twitter; he is PM Narendra Modi
- 7th CPC: Govt to set up anomalies committees related to IAS, IPS, IFoS
- WATCH: 17 runs off 1 ball! Virender Sehwag does the impossible against Pakistan
- 7th Pay Commission: No annual increment for govt employees if performance not upto the mark