Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh: Six cops killed
Raipur: Six policemen were on Friday killed and
five others injured when Naxals ambushed their convoy in
Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district.
The 16-member police team was on its way to Netanar
village, where the Naxals had damaged a forest department rest
house last night, when it came under attack, ADG (Naxal
operation) Ramniwas told PTI-Bhasha.
A large group of naxals set off an IED blast and opened
fire on the policemen, who were riding on eight motorcycles,
as they approached the village, 300 kms from here.
Six policemen, including an inspector, were killed on the
spot and five injured in the attack, the SP said, adding at
least three naxals were suspected to have been killed in
retaliatory firing by the police.
Additional forces were rushed to the area and a manhunt
launched for the Naxals. The injured have been shifted to
Governor Shekhar Dutt and Chief Minister Raman Singh
condemned the attack and expressed grief over the loss of
"The attack has once again exposed the inhuman and
criminal face of the Naxals," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender