Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh: Six cops killed
Raipur: Six policemen were on Friday killed and
five others injured when Naxals ambushed their convoy in
Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district.
The 16-member police team was on its way to Netanar
village, where the Naxals had damaged a forest department rest
house last night, when it came under attack, ADG (Naxal
operation) Ramniwas told PTI-Bhasha.
A large group of naxals set off an IED blast and opened
fire on the policemen, who were riding on eight motorcycles,
as they approached the village, 300 kms from here.
Six policemen, including an inspector, were killed on the
spot and five injured in the attack, the SP said, adding at
least three naxals were suspected to have been killed in
retaliatory firing by the police.
Additional forces were rushed to the area and a manhunt
launched for the Naxals. The injured have been shifted to
Governor Shekhar Dutt and Chief Minister Raman Singh
condemned the attack and expressed grief over the loss of
"The attack has once again exposed the inhuman and
criminal face of the Naxals," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown