Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh: Six cops killed
Raipur: Six policemen were on Friday killed and
five others injured when Naxals ambushed their convoy in
Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district.
The 16-member police team was on its way to Netanar
village, where the Naxals had damaged a forest department rest
house last night, when it came under attack, ADG (Naxal
operation) Ramniwas told PTI-Bhasha.
A large group of naxals set off an IED blast and opened
fire on the policemen, who were riding on eight motorcycles,
as they approached the village, 300 kms from here.
Six policemen, including an inspector, were killed on the
spot and five injured in the attack, the SP said, adding at
least three naxals were suspected to have been killed in
retaliatory firing by the police.
Additional forces were rushed to the area and a manhunt
launched for the Naxals. The injured have been shifted to
Governor Shekhar Dutt and Chief Minister Raman Singh
condemned the attack and expressed grief over the loss of
"The attack has once again exposed the inhuman and
criminal face of the Naxals," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation