Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh: Six cops killed
Raipur: Six policemen were on Friday killed and
five others injured when Naxals ambushed their convoy in
Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district.
The 16-member police team was on its way to Netanar
village, where the Naxals had damaged a forest department rest
house last night, when it came under attack, ADG (Naxal
operation) Ramniwas told PTI-Bhasha.
A large group of naxals set off an IED blast and opened
fire on the policemen, who were riding on eight motorcycles,
as they approached the village, 300 kms from here.
Six policemen, including an inspector, were killed on the
spot and five injured in the attack, the SP said, adding at
least three naxals were suspected to have been killed in
retaliatory firing by the police.
Additional forces were rushed to the area and a manhunt
launched for the Naxals. The injured have been shifted to
Governor Shekhar Dutt and Chief Minister Raman Singh
condemned the attack and expressed grief over the loss of
"The attack has once again exposed the inhuman and
criminal face of the Naxals," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli