Naxal attack: Injured policemen airlifted to Raipur
Raipur: Two policemen injured in naxal attack at Temelwada area of Sukma district were air-lifted to Raipur for treatment on Saturday, Director General of Police Ramniwas said.
Naxals attacked the Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) party yesterday during the road-opening task in the forests of Temelwada village under Chintagufa police station limits of Sukma district.
While head constable Baisuram Mandavi was killed in the attack, platoon commander Nandkishore Bhadoriya sustained injuries.
Later, an IAF helicopter Mi-17 was sent to rescue the CAF personnel from Temelwada village.
When the helicopter, having seven people on-board, was descending to pick up the injured jawan of the CAF, naxals fired at it and injured the radio operator MK Sahu, who was on-board. Sahu is reported to be critical.
After the attack, the chopper had to make a forced landing in forests of Chitagufa police station area.
"The injured platoon commander Nandkishore Bhadoriya and radio operator MK Sahu, who was onboard the chopper, have been air lifted to Raipur for better treatment," Director General of Police Ramniwas told PTI today.
"Technical officials of the Indian Air Force have reached the spot where the chopper made crash landing after it was attacked," the DGP said.
After few hours of landing, the CRPF troopers cordoned off the helicopter and rushed reinforcements to the area, Ramniwas said.
Additional Director General (ADG) of Naxal Operation RK Vij, ADG, Intelligence Bureau (IB) Mukesh Gupta and Inspector General of Police, CRPF, Zulfiqar Hasan have left for Sukma to ascertain the situation today, the DGP added.
Chief Minister Raman Singh strongly condemned the attack and said security forces have to be more alert.
He expressed grief over the death of the jawan in naxal attack in Temelwada. He also prayed for the speedy recovery of the injured jawans.
Singh had also called a meeting with senior police officials at his official residence to take stock of incident last night, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city