Naxal attack: Mahendra Karma`s PSO succumbs to injuries
Raipur: Senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma`s PSO, who was critically injured in the deadly Naxal attack in Bastar, succumbed to his injuries at a hospital here today, taking the death toll in the tragedy to 28.
"PSO Siyaram Singh, who had received serious intestinal injuries in the gun fire, died of multiple organ failure in the wee hours," Dr Sandeep Dave at Ramkrishna Care hospital here told a news agency.
Singh had received bullet injuries which caused infection in several body parts, he said, adding that 10 more injured persons being treated at the hospital are out of danger.
Chhattisgarh Armed Force jawan, Siyaram, a native of Bihar, was paid rich tributes at the 4th battalion Mana camp here today.
Heavily-armed Maoists had ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders at Darbha last Saturday, killing 27 people, including PCC chief Patel, his son Dinesh, senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma and ex-MLA Uday Mudaliyar and injuring 37 others, including former Union minister VC Shukla.
Personal security officer (PSO) of Karma, Siyaram, critically injured in the attack, was airlifted to Raipur for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly