Naxal banners warn tribal youths from joining CRPF in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: In response to CRPF`s recruitment drive in Bastar, the Communist Party of India (Maoist) has put up banners in Keshkal area of Kondagaon district, warning tribal youths to stay away from the paramilitary force.
The ultras have also appealed to tribals to join them.
"Naxals have put up two banners in Mundapara village in Vishrampur area on the border of Chhattisgarh and Odisha in Kondagaon district, advertising their "open" recruitment drive," a senior police official said.
"The ultras have also warned the tribals not to take part in the government`s recruitment drive."
According to the official, as movement in the forest becomes difficult during monsoon, ultras stay in villages and concentrate on propagation of their ideology and recruitment.
Recruitment for CRPF constables is underway in the Left wing extremism-affected districts of Bastar, Bijapur, Dantewada, Kondagaon, Narayanpur, Sukma and Rajnandgaon.
"Naxals usually hold recruitment campaign and even publish advertisement through posters whenever a recruitment programme is taken up by police or paramilitary forces," the official said, adding that the police also appeal to tribals not to be cowed down by such false campaigns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations