Naxal banners warn tribal youths from joining CRPF in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: In response to CRPF`s recruitment drive in Bastar, the Communist Party of India (Maoist) has put up banners in Keshkal area of Kondagaon district, warning tribal youths to stay away from the paramilitary force.
The ultras have also appealed to tribals to join them.
"Naxals have put up two banners in Mundapara village in Vishrampur area on the border of Chhattisgarh and Odisha in Kondagaon district, advertising their "open" recruitment drive," a senior police official said.
"The ultras have also warned the tribals not to take part in the government`s recruitment drive."
According to the official, as movement in the forest becomes difficult during monsoon, ultras stay in villages and concentrate on propagation of their ideology and recruitment.
Recruitment for CRPF constables is underway in the Left wing extremism-affected districts of Bastar, Bijapur, Dantewada, Kondagaon, Narayanpur, Sukma and Rajnandgaon.
"Naxals usually hold recruitment campaign and even publish advertisement through posters whenever a recruitment programme is taken up by police or paramilitary forces," the official said, adding that the police also appeal to tribals not to be cowed down by such false campaigns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday