Naxal camp busted in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Security forces have busted a transit Naxal camp following an encounter with the ultras during a search operation conducted in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh and recovered a large cache of arms and explosives, police said on Wednesday.
Two 12 bore guns, a country-made pistol, a couple of detonators, explosives and other Naxal-related material besides commodities of daily use were recovered from the camping site in forests of Awapalli police station limits last night, Bijapur Additional Superintendent of Police Vivek Shukla said.
Joint forces comprising CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) and district force were on a combing operation in the jungles of Boglapusnar village in Awapalli, based on a tip-off about a Naxal training camp in the region when the face-off took place, Shukla said.
On seeing the security forces, the Naxals opened indiscriminate firing following which the jawans also launched a retaliatory attack, after which the ultras fled the spot, he added.
Several cadres have received bullet injuries but the ultras managed to take them away into the dense forests taking the advantage of darkness, the ASP claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped