Naxal camp unearthed in Chhattisgarh, 2 ultras held
Raipur: Security forces unearthed a Naxal camp and arrested two ultras following a gun battle with them in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district, police said on Tuesday.
"The ultras were arrested in the forest area of Palarmeta of the district in a joint operation conducted by district police force and STF jawans last night," Inspector General of Police (Bastar) Himanshu Gupta said.
"The jawans mobilised on the basis of a tip-off about a Naxal training camp in the village. On seeing the security forces, Naxals opened indiscriminate firing on them following which jawans also launched a retaliatory attack, after which the ultras fled into jungle. However two of them were nabbed," Gupta said.
A 12-bore gun, one air gun and other Naxal related material were recovered from the camping site, he said.
"Those arrested were identified as Som Sai Usendi (33) and Lakhmu Netam (31)," he added.
On interrogation, the arrested ultras said the `commander` of East Bastar Divisional Committee - Kamlesh - was also among the naxals who fled the camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon