Naxal camp unearthed in Chhattisgarh, 2 ultras held
Raipur: Security forces unearthed a Naxal camp and arrested two ultras following a gun battle with them in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district, police said on Tuesday.
"The ultras were arrested in the forest area of Palarmeta of the district in a joint operation conducted by district police force and STF jawans last night," Inspector General of Police (Bastar) Himanshu Gupta said.
"The jawans mobilised on the basis of a tip-off about a Naxal training camp in the village. On seeing the security forces, Naxals opened indiscriminate firing on them following which jawans also launched a retaliatory attack, after which the ultras fled into jungle. However two of them were nabbed," Gupta said.
A 12-bore gun, one air gun and other Naxal related material were recovered from the camping site, he said.
"Those arrested were identified as Som Sai Usendi (33) and Lakhmu Netam (31)," he added.
On interrogation, the arrested ultras said the `commander` of East Bastar Divisional Committee - Kamlesh - was also among the naxals who fled the camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday