Naxal carrying cash reward killed in encounter
Raipur: A Naxal carrying a cash reward of Rs
5,000 on his head, was on Tuesday killed in an encounter with
security forces in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district, police
The gunfight took place near Chinari village forests when
a Naxal group opened indiscriminate fire on a joint patrol
team of CRPF and state police force, drawing retaliation from
the security men, Narayanpur SP Mayank Shrivastava said.
A Naxal, identified as Negi Rawat, was killed in the
encounter and his body has been recovered. Many cases,
including murder and attack on police teams, were registered
against him in the district, the SP said.
Some weapons and naxal literature were also recovered
from the spot, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it