Naxal carrying cash reward killed in encounter
Raipur: A Naxal carrying a cash reward of Rs
5,000 on his head, was on Tuesday killed in an encounter with
security forces in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district, police
The gunfight took place near Chinari village forests when
a Naxal group opened indiscriminate fire on a joint patrol
team of CRPF and state police force, drawing retaliation from
the security men, Narayanpur SP Mayank Shrivastava said.
A Naxal, identified as Negi Rawat, was killed in the
encounter and his body has been recovered. Many cases,
including murder and attack on police teams, were registered
against him in the district, the SP said.
Some weapons and naxal literature were also recovered
from the spot, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore