Naxal carrying cash reward killed in encounter
Raipur: A Naxal carrying a cash reward of Rs
5,000 on his head, was on Tuesday killed in an encounter with
security forces in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district, police
The gunfight took place near Chinari village forests when
a Naxal group opened indiscriminate fire on a joint patrol
team of CRPF and state police force, drawing retaliation from
the security men, Narayanpur SP Mayank Shrivastava said.
A Naxal, identified as Negi Rawat, was killed in the
encounter and his body has been recovered. Many cases,
including murder and attack on police teams, were registered
against him in the district, the SP said.
Some weapons and naxal literature were also recovered
from the spot, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal