Naxal couple held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxal couple was on Saturday arrested from Narayanpur district in Chhattisgarh in a joint operation conducted by the security agencies.
"Hungaram and his wife Mase were apprehended from Rengabeda village in the district after a joint team comprising sleuths of the District Police, Chhattisgarh Sashastra Bal and Special Task Force cordoned off the area," Narayanpur SP Mayank Srivastava told PTI/Bhasha.
The couple was wanted in a number of cases including murder and attempt-to-murder, he said, adding a knife was recovered from the duo.
In a separate incident, `Dandkaranya Adivasi Vikas Mazdoor Sanghatan` president Mannu Vadde (35) surrendered before police today.
Vadde was allegedly involved in a number of crimes ranging from arson to road blockades in the area comprising Ongnar, Sonapal, Adangpal, Mandoki, Matla and Panigaon villages in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’