Naxal couple held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxal couple was on Saturday arrested from Narayanpur district in Chhattisgarh in a joint operation conducted by the security agencies.
"Hungaram and his wife Mase were apprehended from Rengabeda village in the district after a joint team comprising sleuths of the District Police, Chhattisgarh Sashastra Bal and Special Task Force cordoned off the area," Narayanpur SP Mayank Srivastava told PTI/Bhasha.
The couple was wanted in a number of cases including murder and attempt-to-murder, he said, adding a knife was recovered from the duo.
In a separate incident, `Dandkaranya Adivasi Vikas Mazdoor Sanghatan` president Mannu Vadde (35) surrendered before police today.
Vadde was allegedly involved in a number of crimes ranging from arson to road blockades in the area comprising Ongnar, Sonapal, Adangpal, Mandoki, Matla and Panigaon villages in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued