Naxal couple held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxal couple was on Saturday arrested from Narayanpur district in Chhattisgarh in a joint operation conducted by the security agencies.
"Hungaram and his wife Mase were apprehended from Rengabeda village in the district after a joint team comprising sleuths of the District Police, Chhattisgarh Sashastra Bal and Special Task Force cordoned off the area," Narayanpur SP Mayank Srivastava told PTI/Bhasha.
The couple was wanted in a number of cases including murder and attempt-to-murder, he said, adding a knife was recovered from the duo.
In a separate incident, `Dandkaranya Adivasi Vikas Mazdoor Sanghatan` president Mannu Vadde (35) surrendered before police today.
Vadde was allegedly involved in a number of crimes ranging from arson to road blockades in the area comprising Ongnar, Sonapal, Adangpal, Mandoki, Matla and Panigaon villages in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik