Naxal couple held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxal couple was on Saturday arrested from Narayanpur district in Chhattisgarh in a joint operation conducted by the security agencies.
"Hungaram and his wife Mase were apprehended from Rengabeda village in the district after a joint team comprising sleuths of the District Police, Chhattisgarh Sashastra Bal and Special Task Force cordoned off the area," Narayanpur SP Mayank Srivastava told PTI/Bhasha.
The couple was wanted in a number of cases including murder and attempt-to-murder, he said, adding a knife was recovered from the duo.
In a separate incident, `Dandkaranya Adivasi Vikas Mazdoor Sanghatan` president Mannu Vadde (35) surrendered before police today.
Vadde was allegedly involved in a number of crimes ranging from arson to road blockades in the area comprising Ongnar, Sonapal, Adangpal, Mandoki, Matla and Panigaon villages in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations