Naxal deputy commander killed in police firing in C`garh
Raipur: A so-called deputy commander of a
Naxal outfit was killed in an encounter with the police in
Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh on Sunday, police said.
Inspector General of Police of Bijapur district BPS
Rajbhanu said deputy commander of Bhopalpatnam Guerrilla
Squad, Ramesh, was killed in an encounter at village Dampaya.
He said policemen of Madded police station who were going
around in the forest area were fired upon by the outlaws at
Dampaya village today. The police returned fire and exchanges
with a group of Naxals went on for over an hour before the
Naxals managed to escape from the spot.
However, when the police visited the spot of firing, they
came across the body of Ramesh, deputy commander of a Naxal
Police have also recovered a rifle and 25 live cartridges
from the spot, Rajbhanu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement