Naxal deputy commander killed in police firing in C`garh
Raipur: A so-called deputy commander of a
Naxal outfit was killed in an encounter with the police in
Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh on Sunday, police said.
Inspector General of Police of Bijapur district BPS
Rajbhanu said deputy commander of Bhopalpatnam Guerrilla
Squad, Ramesh, was killed in an encounter at village Dampaya.
He said policemen of Madded police station who were going
around in the forest area were fired upon by the outlaws at
Dampaya village today. The police returned fire and exchanges
with a group of Naxals went on for over an hour before the
Naxals managed to escape from the spot.
However, when the police visited the spot of firing, they
came across the body of Ramesh, deputy commander of a Naxal
Police have also recovered a rifle and 25 live cartridges
from the spot, Rajbhanu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur