Naxal held in Chhattisgarh in Raipur
Raipur: A wanted Naxal was on Wednesday arrested during a joint search operation in Chhattisgarh`s Maoist-hit Bijapur district.
The cadre, who was allegedly involved in setting ablaze three trucks engaged in sand mining at Mingachal river recently, was nabbed from a forest under Jangla Police Station limits, a senior police official said.
The joint party of Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) and a team of local police was on a search operation in Jangla forests since Tuesday. When they reached near Mingachal and Gadamalli villages, they found a man fleeing from the region. Later they chased and nabbed him, the official said.
The arrested ultra was identified as Hemla Baksu(35), a member of Bhairmgarh area committee of CPI(Maoist), he said, adding Baksu was involved in several other incidents of crime in the region.
His interrogation was on, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof