Naxal held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxal carrying a reward of Rs 5,000 was arrested in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh on Wednesday, police said.
Hinsaram Muriya, a member of Bayanar Dalam of outlawed Communist Party of India (Maoist), was arrested from Mungwal village under Bayanar police station limits of the district, Kondagaon ASP Surjit Atri said.
Muriya was apprehended on a tip-off by a joint team of district force and QRT (Quick Response Team) during a combing operation.
The ultra is suspected to be involved in several incidents of crimes, including murder, loot, arson, booth-capturing etc, he said.
He was produced in a local court which sent him to jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'