Naxal held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A senior Naxal cadre was arrested during a joint search operation in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Kanker district, police said on Monday.
Santlal Mandavi (35) alias Shantilal was nabbed from Keshokodi village forests under Koyalibeda police station limits late last night, Kanker Superintendent of Police RN Dash told PTI.
A joint squad of BSF (Border Security Force) and district force were on a combing exercise in Koyalibeda region, located around 250 kms away from the state capital, when they spotted a suspect hiding in the deep forests and intercepted him.
The rebel broke down during interrogation and admitted of being involved in the movement as a head of Keshokodi Janatana Sarkar group of the outlawed CPI (Maoist), he said.
Mandavi has been involved in several incidents of crime, including loot arson, attacks and assault on police party in the area, the SP said, adding that the cadre was being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea