Naxal held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A senior Naxal cadre was arrested during a joint search operation in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Kanker district, police said on Monday.
Santlal Mandavi (35) alias Shantilal was nabbed from Keshokodi village forests under Koyalibeda police station limits late last night, Kanker Superintendent of Police RN Dash told PTI.
A joint squad of BSF (Border Security Force) and district force were on a combing exercise in Koyalibeda region, located around 250 kms away from the state capital, when they spotted a suspect hiding in the deep forests and intercepted him.
The rebel broke down during interrogation and admitted of being involved in the movement as a head of Keshokodi Janatana Sarkar group of the outlawed CPI (Maoist), he said.
Mandavi has been involved in several incidents of crime, including loot arson, attacks and assault on police party in the area, the SP said, adding that the cadre was being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II