Naxal held in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Kanker
Raipur: A Naxal, wanted in several incidents of crime, has been arrested during a search operation in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Kanker district.
The cadre, identified as Daya Ram Dhruve (21), was nabbed from Bilaikachhar village under Siksod police station limits last evening, Kanker Superintendent of Police RN Dash said today.
A joint party of BSF (Border Security Force) and district force was on a combing exercise in Siksod region, located around 200 kms away from the state capital, when they got a tip-off about the movement of a man with suspicious motives near Bilaikachhar.
Subsequently, the cadre was rounded up by the security forces, he said.
During interrogation, he admitted to his involvement in several offences, including attacks on police party, loot, arson and other crimes in the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah