Naxal held in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Kanker
Raipur: A Naxal, wanted in several incidents of crime, has been arrested during a search operation in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Kanker district.
The cadre, identified as Daya Ram Dhruve (21), was nabbed from Bilaikachhar village under Siksod police station limits last evening, Kanker Superintendent of Police RN Dash said today.
A joint party of BSF (Border Security Force) and district force was on a combing exercise in Siksod region, located around 200 kms away from the state capital, when they got a tip-off about the movement of a man with suspicious motives near Bilaikachhar.
Subsequently, the cadre was rounded up by the security forces, he said.
During interrogation, he admitted to his involvement in several offences, including attacks on police party, loot, arson and other crimes in the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites