Naxal held, tiffin bomb seized in Chattisgarh
Raipur: A naxal who was the part of a Maoist squad allegedly planning to ambush security personnel in Dantewada district, was arrested today and a tiffin bomb recovered from his possession, police said.
The cadre was nabbed by a team of district force from Nerli Ghat forests under Bacheli police station limits while he was trying to escape from the region in the wee hours, Dantewada Superintendent of Police (SP) Kamlochan Kashyap, told PTI.
The arrested was identified as Budhram Telam (30), a Jan Militia member of Maoist and was active in farmer wing of Kamaloor-Bhansi area committee of Maoist, the SP said.
Acting on a tip off that Maoists` commanders had called up a meeting of local Jan Militia members last night in restive Nerli ghat forests, security personnel were mobilised on a combing in the region, located around 450 kms away from here.
The gathering was allegedly meant to execute some deadly activities on the last day of `Janpituri week` being observed by the outlawed Communist Party of India (Maoist) from June 5- 11, he said.
On sensing the security personnel near them, rebels fled to the core forests.
Meanwhile, one of them was nabbed along with a tiffin bomb of 2.5 kg, the SP said.
Besides, couple of Naxal posters and banners was also recovered from his possession, he added.
During interrogation, he admitted of his involvement in several crimes, including attacks on railway property, deadly attacks on police party, helping naxals in planting bombs and others, in the region, he said.
His arrest will help to crack the Jan Militia network of naxals in the region, the SP said, adding, his interrogation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks