Naxal held, tiffin bomb seized in Chattisgarh
Raipur: A naxal who was the part of a Maoist squad allegedly planning to ambush security personnel in Dantewada district, was arrested today and a tiffin bomb recovered from his possession, police said.
The cadre was nabbed by a team of district force from Nerli Ghat forests under Bacheli police station limits while he was trying to escape from the region in the wee hours, Dantewada Superintendent of Police (SP) Kamlochan Kashyap, told PTI.
The arrested was identified as Budhram Telam (30), a Jan Militia member of Maoist and was active in farmer wing of Kamaloor-Bhansi area committee of Maoist, the SP said.
Acting on a tip off that Maoists` commanders had called up a meeting of local Jan Militia members last night in restive Nerli ghat forests, security personnel were mobilised on a combing in the region, located around 450 kms away from here.
The gathering was allegedly meant to execute some deadly activities on the last day of `Janpituri week` being observed by the outlawed Communist Party of India (Maoist) from June 5- 11, he said.
On sensing the security personnel near them, rebels fled to the core forests.
Meanwhile, one of them was nabbed along with a tiffin bomb of 2.5 kg, the SP said.
Besides, couple of Naxal posters and banners was also recovered from his possession, he added.
During interrogation, he admitted of his involvement in several crimes, including attacks on railway property, deadly attacks on police party, helping naxals in planting bombs and others, in the region, he said.
His arrest will help to crack the Jan Militia network of naxals in the region, the SP said, adding, his interrogation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom