Naxal-hit areas of C`garh, Jharkhand, Odisha to be developed
New Delhi: Naxal hotbeds in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Odisha will see a slew of development works after central security forces clear these areas of Maoists, a top security official said Monday.
CRPF chief K Vijay Kumar said the force has been following the government`s policy that development and police action should go `hand-in-hand` and they will help the state and central governments to develop public welfare amenities in these places by providing armed security.
Kumar said the forces` operation in Saranda forests of Jharkhand last year has bore fruit and the state government is deploying its administartion there to ensure development works are started.
"We are following the government`s policy of development and police action going along. All the areas that need our attention are being assisted," the CRPF DG said on the sidelines of an event here.
Top officials in the force said that inter-state borders of Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Odisha`s Malkangiri districts are the focus areas for the central force as these zones witness huge Naxal activity.
The areas of Rohtas district in Bihar and Sonebhadra in Uttar Pradesh will also get development funds under the Integrated Action Plan (IAP), sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days