Naxal-hit areas of C`garh, Jharkhand, Odisha to be developed
New Delhi: Naxal hotbeds in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Odisha will see a slew of development works after central security forces clear these areas of Maoists, a top security official said Monday.
CRPF chief K Vijay Kumar said the force has been following the government`s policy that development and police action should go `hand-in-hand` and they will help the state and central governments to develop public welfare amenities in these places by providing armed security.
Kumar said the forces` operation in Saranda forests of Jharkhand last year has bore fruit and the state government is deploying its administartion there to ensure development works are started.
"We are following the government`s policy of development and police action going along. All the areas that need our attention are being assisted," the CRPF DG said on the sidelines of an event here.
Top officials in the force said that inter-state borders of Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Odisha`s Malkangiri districts are the focus areas for the central force as these zones witness huge Naxal activity.
The areas of Rohtas district in Bihar and Sonebhadra in Uttar Pradesh will also get development funds under the Integrated Action Plan (IAP), sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!