Naxal-hit areas of C`garh, Jharkhand, Odisha to be developed
New Delhi: Naxal hotbeds in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Odisha will see a slew of development works after central security forces clear these areas of Maoists, a top security official said Monday.
CRPF chief K Vijay Kumar said the force has been following the government`s policy that development and police action should go `hand-in-hand` and they will help the state and central governments to develop public welfare amenities in these places by providing armed security.
Kumar said the forces` operation in Saranda forests of Jharkhand last year has bore fruit and the state government is deploying its administartion there to ensure development works are started.
"We are following the government`s policy of development and police action going along. All the areas that need our attention are being assisted," the CRPF DG said on the sidelines of an event here.
Top officials in the force said that inter-state borders of Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Odisha`s Malkangiri districts are the focus areas for the central force as these zones witness huge Naxal activity.
The areas of Rohtas district in Bihar and Sonebhadra in Uttar Pradesh will also get development funds under the Integrated Action Plan (IAP), sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video