Naxal killed in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxalite was killed Friday in an exchange of fire with security personnel in the Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
"The gun battle between a group of Naxals and a joint contingent of the district police and CRPF took place in the jungles of Mandora village when the team was out on a combing operation in the early hours of today," Narayanpur Superintendent of Police Amit Kamble over phone.
According to him, the Naxals opened indiscriminate fire on seeing the team to which the security forces retaliated.
While fleeing the ultras left behind the body of a self-styled Maoist deputy commander who had died in the exchange of fire.
The identity of the Maoist was yet to be ascertained, Kamble said adding that three guns, a couple of detonators and other Maoist-related materials were recovered from the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video