Naxal killed in police encounter in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxal leader was on Tuesday gunned down in a police encounter in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh.
A joint team of district police, STF and CRPF, which was carrying out a search operation, was fired at by some Maoists when they reached the forest area in Pusnar village under Gangalur police station limits in Bijapur, SP Prashant Agarwal said.
In retaliation, police fired at the ultras who fled.
Later, while combing the area, police found the body of a Naxal leader. A loaded gun and other items were recovered from there, Agarwal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'