Naxal killed in police encounter in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxal leader was on Tuesday gunned down in a police encounter in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh.
A joint team of district police, STF and CRPF, which was carrying out a search operation, was fired at by some Maoists when they reached the forest area in Pusnar village under Gangalur police station limits in Bijapur, SP Prashant Agarwal said.
In retaliation, police fired at the ultras who fled.
Later, while combing the area, police found the body of a Naxal leader. A loaded gun and other items were recovered from there, Agarwal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof