Naxal killed in police encounter
Raipur: A 20-year-old Naxalite was killed in an encounter with police in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh on Saturday, police said.
The encounter occurred between Todka and Savnar villages under Gangalur station limits when the Maoists ambushed a police team, they said.
The Maoist cadre Hemla Budhu was killed when police returned the fire, they told PTI/Bhasha over phone.
Police found a .303 rifle with 16 bullets, 7 rounds of a 12-bore gun, a pressure bomb mechanism device, a radio, battery and other articles, besides the Naxal`s body from the spot.
The deceased was a member of militia platoon of Maoists, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city