Naxal payouts case: Court extends custody
Raipur: Dantewada district court has extended
the judicial custody of three accused, including an Essar
contractor, in connection with the Naxal payouts case, till
Judicial Magistrate (first class) Yogita Wasnik extended
the custody of the Essar contractor B K Lala, alleged Naxal
sympathiser Lingaram Kodopi and suspected Naxal conduit-cum-
tribal teacher Soni Sodhi by 14 days, public prosecutor Rakesh
Both Kodopi and Lala were produced in the court, whereas
Sodhi could not be produced for security reasons, he added.
The district court had earlier granted bail to Essar
general manager DVCS Verma, one of the accused in the alleged
payouts of the protection money by the MNC to Maoists in
Lala and Kodopi were nabbed on September 9 last year
along with Rs 15 lakh cash in connection with the alleged
payouts of the protection money to the Red Ultras besides
Verma, while Sodhi was apprehended from Delhi in this
The Essar had denied the allegations of any payouts made
to the Maoists by the company or its officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH