Naxal payouts case: Court extends custody
Raipur: Dantewada district court has extended
the judicial custody of three accused, including an Essar
contractor, in connection with the Naxal payouts case, till
Judicial Magistrate (first class) Yogita Wasnik extended
the custody of the Essar contractor B K Lala, alleged Naxal
sympathiser Lingaram Kodopi and suspected Naxal conduit-cum-
tribal teacher Soni Sodhi by 14 days, public prosecutor Rakesh
Both Kodopi and Lala were produced in the court, whereas
Sodhi could not be produced for security reasons, he added.
The district court had earlier granted bail to Essar
general manager DVCS Verma, one of the accused in the alleged
payouts of the protection money by the MNC to Maoists in
Lala and Kodopi were nabbed on September 9 last year
along with Rs 15 lakh cash in connection with the alleged
payouts of the protection money to the Red Ultras besides
Verma, while Sodhi was apprehended from Delhi in this
The Essar had denied the allegations of any payouts made
to the Maoists by the company or its officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves