Naxal training camp busted in Chhattisgarh; 6 held
Raipur: Special Task Force jawans busted a naxal training camp in dreaded Abuzamad area in Chhattisgarh and arrested six ultras, including two women and a minor boy, police said on Sunday.
Police seized three muzzle-loading guns, one tiffin bomb and other explosives after the joint team of STF and district police engaged in a brief encounter with naxals holed up in the hideout, a senior officer said.
"The Maoists were nabbed in the forest area of restive Abhujmad region under Narayanpur police station in a joint operation conducted by district police force and STF jawans yesterday," SP Amit Tukaram Kamble told PTI.
He said the joint team had been on the trail of naxals since March 22 on a tip-off and finally zeroed in on them near Nelnar village.
"When the team reached near Madin river yesterday, they located the naxal camp and started encircling it. On seeing that jawans were closing in, naxals opened indiscriminate firing which was retaliated", Kamble said, adding, some of the naxals managed to escape in the dense forest.
However, police caught hold of six of them including two women, identified as Manko Kavachi (20) and Baisi Padyami (19) besides Masur Juri (18), Shankar Yadav (40), Bhimesen Poyami (25) and a 16-year-old boy, the officer said.
He said so far no reports of injury, either to policemen or naxals, have been received.
Police also recovered a solar plate, four radio sets, couple of torch, a flash light, some medicines, clothes, laptop chargers, and other Naxal-related material.
The SP said police have widened the dragnet to catch the Maoists.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram