Naxalite commander arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A senior Naxal commander, carrying a prize of Rs 25,000 on his head, was arrested in Balrampur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, police cordoned off the Chandan Nagar village in Balrampur and managed to nab sub-zonal Naxal commander Tunesh Lakda when he arrived there on May 13, Superintendent of Police Jitendra Singh Meena said.
Lakda, hailing from Jharkhand, was wanted in several cases of murder and other serious offences, police said.
During interrogation, the Naxalite confessed to his crimes, he said, adding that further investigations were on.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Watch: NASA's Curiosity Mars rover crosses rugged plateau!
- IPL 2016: Usman Khawaja comes in for injured Faf du Plessis for Rising Pune Sunrisers
- Tragic! Girl cracks IIT-JEE but kills herself as she didn’t want to be engineer
- Roger Federer signs up for Madrid Masters
- Cash is not always king: FIFA chief Gianni Infantino hails Leicester `fairytale`