Naxalite commander arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A senior Naxal commander, carrying a prize of Rs 25,000 on his head, was arrested in Balrampur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, police cordoned off the Chandan Nagar village in Balrampur and managed to nab sub-zonal Naxal commander Tunesh Lakda when he arrived there on May 13, Superintendent of Police Jitendra Singh Meena said.
Lakda, hailing from Jharkhand, was wanted in several cases of murder and other serious offences, police said.
During interrogation, the Naxalite confessed to his crimes, he said, adding that further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’