Naxalite commander arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A senior Naxal commander, carrying a prize of Rs 25,000 on his head, was arrested in Balrampur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, police cordoned off the Chandan Nagar village in Balrampur and managed to nab sub-zonal Naxal commander Tunesh Lakda when he arrived there on May 13, Superintendent of Police Jitendra Singh Meena said.
Lakda, hailing from Jharkhand, was wanted in several cases of murder and other serious offences, police said.
During interrogation, the Naxalite confessed to his crimes, he said, adding that further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why