Naxalite held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxalite allegedly involved in a dacoity was arrested from forest area in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
During an anti-Naxal drive, a joint team of district police and CRPF intercepted Naxalite Gote Wanga (30) in the forest area near Timirguda village in Bijapur, Superintendent of Police, Prashant Agarwal said.
On interrogation, Wanga admitted that he had been operating with the ultras for the last two years and was also involved in a dacoity in the area, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor