Naxalite held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxalite allegedly involved in a dacoity was arrested from forest area in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
During an anti-Naxal drive, a joint team of district police and CRPF intercepted Naxalite Gote Wanga (30) in the forest area near Timirguda village in Bijapur, Superintendent of Police, Prashant Agarwal said.
On interrogation, Wanga admitted that he had been operating with the ultras for the last two years and was also involved in a dacoity in the area, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations