Naxalite held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxalite allegedly involved in a dacoity was arrested from forest area in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
During an anti-Naxal drive, a joint team of district police and CRPF intercepted Naxalite Gote Wanga (30) in the forest area near Timirguda village in Bijapur, Superintendent of Police, Prashant Agarwal said.
On interrogation, Wanga admitted that he had been operating with the ultras for the last two years and was also involved in a dacoity in the area, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation