Naxalite surrenders in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxalite surrendered to police along with his weapons in Maoist-hit Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh on Friday.
"Naveen, Divisional Committee Member of Mad Division of Maoists, surrendered along with his weapons before senior police officials," Narayanpur Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) N K Sahu said.
The 35-year-old was active in Nelnaar area of the district since 2002 and involved in several crimes like murder, loot and arson, he said.
"He decided to quit the movement due to growing pressure on Naxals from security personnel, harsh forest life and humiliation by his seniors," the ASP said.
Naveen surrendered along with one Insas rifle, 3 magazines (47 rounds) and one wireless set, the officer said.
Fed up with the life he was living, Naveen decided to lay down his arms and take benefit of the State Government`s Naxal rehabilitation scheme, he added.
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment
- Indian Premier League: Here's what original mystery spinner Paul Adams said about Shivil Kaushik!
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day