Naxalite surrenders in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxalite surrendered to police along with his weapons in Maoist-hit Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh on Friday.
"Naveen, Divisional Committee Member of Mad Division of Maoists, surrendered along with his weapons before senior police officials," Narayanpur Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) N K Sahu said.
The 35-year-old was active in Nelnaar area of the district since 2002 and involved in several crimes like murder, loot and arson, he said.
"He decided to quit the movement due to growing pressure on Naxals from security personnel, harsh forest life and humiliation by his seniors," the ASP said.
Naveen surrendered along with one Insas rifle, 3 magazines (47 rounds) and one wireless set, the officer said.
Fed up with the life he was living, Naveen decided to lay down his arms and take benefit of the State Government`s Naxal rehabilitation scheme, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof