Naxalites blow up rail track in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Suspected Naxalites blew up portion of a railway track on Kirandul- Visakhapatnam section here, affecting transportation of iron ore from the mines in Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
According to police, a group of armed Naxalites came to Bhansi railway station last night, which is about 10 km from Dantewada district headquarter, held the rail staff captive and then damaged a railway engine parked at the station, police said.
Asking railway officials to stop plying trains in this section during the night, the rebels blew up a portion of the track. However, the damage only came to light this morning.
Due to the damaged track, iron ore from the National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) could not be transported throughout the day, railway officials said adding that the restoration work had been undertaken.
They added that traffic on the section is likely to be restored late tonight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?