Naxalites blow up rail track in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Suspected Naxalites blew up portion of a railway track on Kirandul- Visakhapatnam section here, affecting transportation of iron ore from the mines in Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
According to police, a group of armed Naxalites came to Bhansi railway station last night, which is about 10 km from Dantewada district headquarter, held the rail staff captive and then damaged a railway engine parked at the station, police said.
Asking railway officials to stop plying trains in this section during the night, the rebels blew up a portion of the track. However, the damage only came to light this morning.
Due to the damaged track, iron ore from the National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) could not be transported throughout the day, railway officials said adding that the restoration work had been undertaken.
They added that traffic on the section is likely to be restored late tonight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH