Naxalites blow up rail track in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Suspected Naxalites blew up portion of a railway track on Kirandul- Visakhapatnam section here, affecting transportation of iron ore from the mines in Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
According to police, a group of armed Naxalites came to Bhansi railway station last night, which is about 10 km from Dantewada district headquarter, held the rail staff captive and then damaged a railway engine parked at the station, police said.
Asking railway officials to stop plying trains in this section during the night, the rebels blew up a portion of the track. However, the damage only came to light this morning.
Due to the damaged track, iron ore from the National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) could not be transported throughout the day, railway officials said adding that the restoration work had been undertaken.
They added that traffic on the section is likely to be restored late tonight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical