Naxalites blow up rail track in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Suspected Naxalites blew up portion of a railway track on Kirandul- Visakhapatnam section here, affecting transportation of iron ore from the mines in Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
According to police, a group of armed Naxalites came to Bhansi railway station last night, which is about 10 km from Dantewada district headquarter, held the rail staff captive and then damaged a railway engine parked at the station, police said.
Asking railway officials to stop plying trains in this section during the night, the rebels blew up a portion of the track. However, the damage only came to light this morning.
Due to the damaged track, iron ore from the National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) could not be transported throughout the day, railway officials said adding that the restoration work had been undertaken.
They added that traffic on the section is likely to be restored late tonight.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan