Naxals attack NMDC unit in Chhattisgarh
New Delhi: State-owned NMDC on Tuesday said
that its Chhattisgarh unit could see some production loss
after yesterday`s Naxal attack at its complex.
"There could be some production loss at the Bacheli
complex in Chhattisgarh but there is no loss of life or
property. We are awaiting further information from the unit,"
NMDC Director (Finance) S Thiagarajan told agency.
Yesterday, around 50 armed Naxals attacked a complex of
National Mineral Development Corporation, which is said to
house large quantities of explosives, triggering a gun-battle
with CISF personnel guarding the key economic installation.
The unit normally produces 35,000-40,000 tonnes of iron
ore per day. NMDC, which has mining operations in
Chhattisgarh, produces 22-23 million tonnes of iron
ore annually and is the main supplier of the mineral to the
domestic steel companies.
The miner is investing Rs 3,400 crore to augment its
annual iron ore production to about 41 million tonnes from
around 22 million tonnes at present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden