Naxals attack police in Chhattisgarh’s Raigarh
Raigarh: Police on Wednesday claimed to have
injured a few Naxals in an encounter in Raigarh district of
the Chhattisgarh state.
District Superintendent of Police, Rahul Sharma, said
that a group of around 30 Naxals attacked police team which
was conducting a combing operation near Pardhiyapali village
Police returned the fire, and the Naxals, outnumbered,
fled from the spot, he said. It is suspected that they left
for neighbouring Mahasamund district.
Earlier, the police had received information that Naxals
were holding a meeting at the village.
Police surmised from the blood stains on the spot that
some of the Naxals must have been wounded, he added. No
policeman was injured.
Police also recovered an SLR rifle and 19 live rounds
from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price