Naxals attack police team in Chhattisgarh district
Rajnandgaon: Police on Wednesday managed to thwart an attack by Naxals in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district which ended with the fleeing rebels leaving behind weapons and other supplies.
Security personnel, who reported no damages or injuries, however, could not nab any of those involved in the attack although they said it is suspected that at least a couple of the ultras had received injuries.
Naxals might have borne away their injured colleagues with them while retreating from the encounter, police added.
Three rifles, some supplies and items of daily use were recovered from the spot.
The incident occurred when a joint team of police forces from the districts of Rajnandgaon, Balod and Kanker was conducting a combing operation in the jungles of Durki hills in the Khadgaon police station area, Rajnandgaon SP Sanjeev Shukla said.
The combing operations were on the past four days, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed