Naxals attack police team in Chhattisgarh district
Rajnandgaon: Police on Wednesday managed to thwart an attack by Naxals in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district which ended with the fleeing rebels leaving behind weapons and other supplies.
Security personnel, who reported no damages or injuries, however, could not nab any of those involved in the attack although they said it is suspected that at least a couple of the ultras had received injuries.
Naxals might have borne away their injured colleagues with them while retreating from the encounter, police added.
Three rifles, some supplies and items of daily use were recovered from the spot.
The incident occurred when a joint team of police forces from the districts of Rajnandgaon, Balod and Kanker was conducting a combing operation in the jungles of Durki hills in the Khadgaon police station area, Rajnandgaon SP Sanjeev Shukla said.
The combing operations were on the past four days, the SP added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India