Naxals attack police team in Chhattisgarh district
Rajnandgaon: Police on Wednesday managed to thwart an attack by Naxals in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district which ended with the fleeing rebels leaving behind weapons and other supplies.
Security personnel, who reported no damages or injuries, however, could not nab any of those involved in the attack although they said it is suspected that at least a couple of the ultras had received injuries.
Naxals might have borne away their injured colleagues with them while retreating from the encounter, police added.
Three rifles, some supplies and items of daily use were recovered from the spot.
The incident occurred when a joint team of police forces from the districts of Rajnandgaon, Balod and Kanker was conducting a combing operation in the jungles of Durki hills in the Khadgaon police station area, Rajnandgaon SP Sanjeev Shukla said.
The combing operations were on the past four days, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi