Naxals attack police team in Chhattisgarh district
Rajnandgaon: Police on Wednesday managed to thwart an attack by Naxals in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district which ended with the fleeing rebels leaving behind weapons and other supplies.
Security personnel, who reported no damages or injuries, however, could not nab any of those involved in the attack although they said it is suspected that at least a couple of the ultras had received injuries.
Naxals might have borne away their injured colleagues with them while retreating from the encounter, police added.
Three rifles, some supplies and items of daily use were recovered from the spot.
The incident occurred when a joint team of police forces from the districts of Rajnandgaon, Balod and Kanker was conducting a combing operation in the jungles of Durki hills in the Khadgaon police station area, Rajnandgaon SP Sanjeev Shukla said.
The combing operations were on the past four days, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!