Naxals blow up bridge; Cong leader escapes unhurt
Raipur: Naxals on Wednesday blew up a bridge in
Gariyabandh area of Chhattisgarh a short while after the
convoy of state Congress president Nandkumar Patel had passed
over it, police said today.
Congress sources said that a party worker is feared to
have been killed, while three others were reportedly injured.
However, Patel had safely reached Myanpur police station,
said Congress MLA Kuldeep Juneja.
A passenger vehicle was damaged during the blast, police
said adding that there were reports of Naxals firing on the
Additional IG (Naxal operations) Ram Nivas said the
incident took place at Durbhagudi village under Myanpur police
station area, some 200 kms from here, and added that no
information was available as to the casualties.
He said Patel and other Congress leaders had gone to the
village to attend a party function and had been provided a
police escort and a road-opening party as the area is Naxal
The bridge was blown up when Patel`s vehicle had passed
it on the way back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta