Naxals blow up bridge; Cong leader escapes unhurt
Raipur: Naxals on Wednesday blew up a bridge in
Gariyabandh area of Chhattisgarh a short while after the
convoy of state Congress president Nandkumar Patel had passed
over it, police said today.
Congress sources said that a party worker is feared to
have been killed, while three others were reportedly injured.
However, Patel had safely reached Myanpur police station,
said Congress MLA Kuldeep Juneja.
A passenger vehicle was damaged during the blast, police
said adding that there were reports of Naxals firing on the
Additional IG (Naxal operations) Ram Nivas said the
incident took place at Durbhagudi village under Myanpur police
station area, some 200 kms from here, and added that no
information was available as to the casualties.
He said Patel and other Congress leaders had gone to the
village to attend a party function and had been provided a
police escort and a road-opening party as the area is Naxal
The bridge was blown up when Patel`s vehicle had passed
it on the way back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt@2: Have an enormous task ahead, says PM
- Hindu majority needed to save democracy in India, Uniform Civil Code important: Subramanian Swamy
- Good news for wait-listed passengers! Now upgrade to Air India if train ticket not confirmed
- North Korea's Kim Jong-Un turns into a matchmaker for his sister, set to host dating contest
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue