Naxals blow up school in Dantewada
Raipur: Naxals have blown up a panchayat
bhawan, school, and an anganwadi centre Chhattisgarh`s
Armed Naxals in large number reached Kutrem village in
the district this morning and blew up the three buildings,
Dantewada police told PTI.
However, there were no reports of casualties, police said
adding the buildings were completely vacant when the incident
The incident took place in a forested locality under Kirandul police station area in Dantewada district, about 420 km south of capital Raipur.
"Maoists placed explosives in a primary school building and then in a panchayat office and blew up the buildings,`` T.N. Nagvanshi, police station in-charge Kirandul, told IANS over phone.
Though the incident took place early in the morning, the police were informed very late, he said.
A police team was rushed to the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?