Naxals blow up school in Dantewada
Raipur: Naxals have blown up a panchayat
bhawan, school, and an anganwadi centre Chhattisgarh`s
Armed Naxals in large number reached Kutrem village in
the district this morning and blew up the three buildings,
Dantewada police told PTI.
However, there were no reports of casualties, police said
adding the buildings were completely vacant when the incident
The incident took place in a forested locality under Kirandul police station area in Dantewada district, about 420 km south of capital Raipur.
"Maoists placed explosives in a primary school building and then in a panchayat office and blew up the buildings,`` T.N. Nagvanshi, police station in-charge Kirandul, told IANS over phone.
Though the incident took place early in the morning, the police were informed very late, he said.
A police team was rushed to the site.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know