Naxals blow up school in Dantewada
Raipur: Naxals have blown up a panchayat
bhawan, school, and an anganwadi centre Chhattisgarh`s
Armed Naxals in large number reached Kutrem village in
the district this morning and blew up the three buildings,
Dantewada police told PTI.
However, there were no reports of casualties, police said
adding the buildings were completely vacant when the incident
The incident took place in a forested locality under Kirandul police station area in Dantewada district, about 420 km south of capital Raipur.
"Maoists placed explosives in a primary school building and then in a panchayat office and blew up the buildings,`` T.N. Nagvanshi, police station in-charge Kirandul, told IANS over phone.
Though the incident took place early in the morning, the police were informed very late, he said.
A police team was rushed to the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday