Naxals blow up school in Dantewada
Raipur: Naxals have blown up a panchayat
bhawan, school, and an anganwadi centre Chhattisgarh`s
Armed Naxals in large number reached Kutrem village in
the district this morning and blew up the three buildings,
Dantewada police told PTI.
However, there were no reports of casualties, police said
adding the buildings were completely vacant when the incident
The incident took place in a forested locality under Kirandul police station area in Dantewada district, about 420 km south of capital Raipur.
"Maoists placed explosives in a primary school building and then in a panchayat office and blew up the buildings,`` T.N. Nagvanshi, police station in-charge Kirandul, told IANS over phone.
Though the incident took place early in the morning, the police were informed very late, he said.
A police team was rushed to the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'