Naxals kill 4 Chhattisgarh Armed Force personnel
Raipur: Naxals on Thursday opened indiscriminate fire near the camp of Chhattisgarh Armed Force in Naraynpur district, killing four jawans and leaving another injured.
Some jawans of the force were involved in their regular chores near the camp of the 16th battalion of the Force in Bharaghati village when the Naxals started firing at them killing four jawans and leaving another injured, Ram Niwas (ADG) Naxal operations said.
After hearing the gunshots, jawans in the camp retaliated after which the Naxals fled from the spot.
The Naxals also decamped with two weapons of the jawans, the senior officer said.
Senior officials have left for the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley