Naxals kill 4 Chhattisgarh Armed Force personnel
Raipur: Naxals on Thursday opened indiscriminate fire near the camp of Chhattisgarh Armed Force in Naraynpur district, killing four jawans and leaving another injured.
Some jawans of the force were involved in their regular chores near the camp of the 16th battalion of the Force in Bharaghati village when the Naxals started firing at them killing four jawans and leaving another injured, Ram Niwas (ADG) Naxal operations said.
After hearing the gunshots, jawans in the camp retaliated after which the Naxals fled from the spot.
The Naxals also decamped with two weapons of the jawans, the senior officer said.
Senior officials have left for the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Caitlyn Jenner, Lady Gaga to pay tribute to Orlando Victims
- Beach fresh in pastel, Priyanka Chopra exhibits simplicity in new magazine cover!
- Terrorists holed up inside building in J&K's Pulwama; 2 killed, encounter underway
- Mrinal Sen is 'absolutely fine'; family rubbishes death hoax
- Seven killed, 15 wounded in two separate road mishaps in Andhra's Prakasam