Naxals kill police jawan in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A police jawan was allegedly kidnapped and killed on Thursday by naxals in Maoist-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Assistant Constable Rup Singh Thakur (35), abducted last evening, was found dead in Matda village this morning, Bijapur Deputy Superintendent of Police Sukhnandan Rathore said.
The jawan posted at Jangla police station limits was kidnapped by ultras while he was returning from his duty. After getting the information of the incident, security forces were rushed to the spot to retrieve the victim`s body, he said.
Prima facie it appears he was beaten to death, he said, adding, exact cause behind his death will be known after postmortem.
Thakur was earlier special police officer (SPO) during Salwa Judum movement and later appointed as assistant constable.
After Supreme Court rapped the Chhattisgarh government for recruiting tribal youths as Special Police Officers (SPOs) during the Salwa Judum days, it recruited SPOs as assistant constables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- UEFA confirms four champions league places to Europe's top 4 domestic leagues
- Gold price falls by Rs 100 to Rs 31,150 per ten grams
- Jacqueline Fernandez to walk for Rajesh Pratap Singh
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals desire to end career at Real Madrid at the age of 41