Naxals kill sarpanch in Bijapur district
Raipur: A sarpanch of Mankeli village in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh was allegedly stabbed to death by Naxals on Wednesday, police said.
"Budhram (45) was stabbed to death by four naxalites with
sharp weapons in Nayapara locality of Bijapur district headquarter," SP Prashant Agrawal told PTI.
According to police, the ultras, dressed in school uniforms, attacked Budharam when he was taking a walk outside his house in Bijapur town, the administrative headquarter of Bijapur district, around 350 km from here.
Budhram had shifted to Bijapur from Mankeli after Salwa
Judum, a movement aimed at countering naxalites in the region, was started there, Agrawal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29