Naxals kill sarpanch in Bijapur district
Raipur: A sarpanch of Mankeli village in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh was allegedly stabbed to death by Naxals on Wednesday, police said.
"Budhram (45) was stabbed to death by four naxalites with
sharp weapons in Nayapara locality of Bijapur district headquarter," SP Prashant Agrawal told PTI.
According to police, the ultras, dressed in school uniforms, attacked Budharam when he was taking a walk outside his house in Bijapur town, the administrative headquarter of Bijapur district, around 350 km from here.
Budhram had shifted to Bijapur from Mankeli after Salwa
Judum, a movement aimed at countering naxalites in the region, was started there, Agrawal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown