Naxals kill sarpanch in Bijapur district
Raipur: A sarpanch of Mankeli village in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh was allegedly stabbed to death by Naxals on Wednesday, police said.
"Budhram (45) was stabbed to death by four naxalites with
sharp weapons in Nayapara locality of Bijapur district headquarter," SP Prashant Agrawal told PTI.
According to police, the ultras, dressed in school uniforms, attacked Budharam when he was taking a walk outside his house in Bijapur town, the administrative headquarter of Bijapur district, around 350 km from here.
Budhram had shifted to Bijapur from Mankeli after Salwa
Judum, a movement aimed at countering naxalites in the region, was started there, Agrawal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics