Naxals kill sarpanch in Bijapur district
Raipur: A sarpanch of Mankeli village in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh was allegedly stabbed to death by Naxals on Wednesday, police said.
"Budhram (45) was stabbed to death by four naxalites with
sharp weapons in Nayapara locality of Bijapur district headquarter," SP Prashant Agrawal told PTI.
According to police, the ultras, dressed in school uniforms, attacked Budharam when he was taking a walk outside his house in Bijapur town, the administrative headquarter of Bijapur district, around 350 km from here.
Budhram had shifted to Bijapur from Mankeli after Salwa
Judum, a movement aimed at countering naxalites in the region, was started there, Agrawal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt