Naxals kill two villagers in Chhattisgarh district
Raipur: A villager was beaten to death and
another was hanged by naxalites in Bijapur district of
Anil was hanged in Daglipura village by the extremists
in front of the residents yesterday, Bijapur SP Avinash
Mohanty told PTI.
He was kidnapped by the extremists on November 23 and
was subsequently hanged by the Maoists, who accused him of
being a police informer, Mohanty said.
Anil, who was earlier working with the police
department had later joined the naxalites , the police
He however, returned to the mainstream recently which
infuriated the naxals leading to his brutal killing, Mohanty
In another incident a villager was beaten to death by
naxals using lathis and rods in Pidiya village, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hillary Clinton slams Donald Trump, says can’t afford to have president who’s in the pocket of gun lobby
- 26-year-old woman gives birth to rare conjoined twins in Mumbai hospital
- UPSC topper Tina Dabi's advice to girl students - Read
- Omar Abdullah rubbishes Mehbooba Mufti's claim, says ''she was aware of security encounter with Wani''
- Mainpuri Dalit couple murder: Akhilesh govt assures speedy justice to victim's kin