Naxals kill villager in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district
Raipur: A villager was killed allegedly by Naxals who suspected him to be a police informer in Maoist-hit Dantewada district of southern Chhattisgarh, police said on Friday.
The murder came to light this morning when some villagers informed police about the blood-stained body of Manendra lying on a road near Nareli Ghat village, a senior police official said.
A native of Uttar Pradesh, Manendra had shifted to Bacheli few years back, he said.
Prima facie it appears that the victim`s hands and legs were tied before slitting his throat. Later, the Naxals allegedly threw him on the road, he said.
A note was recovered near the body in which the extremists claimed that they punished Manendra for allegedly acting as a police informer, the official said.
The note also mentioned those who serve as police informers will not be spared, he said.
Security forces have launched a combing operation in the region to nab the culprits, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145