Naxals raid weekly market in Dantewada district
Raipur: Armed Naxals today raided a weekly
market in a village in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district and
injured two security persons in the process, police said.
According to the police, the injured security men have
been identified as Ashok Kumar of CRPF and Anil Tandon, of
The incident occurred when the duo had gone for shopping
at the weekly market in Keralapal camp in the district, police
said adding and a group of armed extremists attacked them.
The Naxals fled the spot after the attack leaving the duo
injured. Kumar, who is seriously injured has been taken to
Raipur, while Tandon has been discharged after administering
primary aid, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!