Naxals target private bus in Ch`garh; all passengers safe
Raipur: Naxals intercepted a private bus in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh and evacuated all the 22 passengers on board before abandoning it near a village there, police said on Friday.
The incident occurred late last night when a group of Maoists stopped the bus belonging to Tomar Travels near Mardadand village under Basaguda police limts and fled with
the vehicle, Bijapur police officials told a news agency.
All the passengers are safe and unharmed, they said.
Both the driver and conductor of the bus, which was ferrying passengers from Jagdalpur (in Bastar district) to Basaguda were threatened to leave the vehicle, which was targeted 15 kms short of the village, police said.
The bus was later recovered from a spot near the village. Additional police force was rushed to the spot after the duo informed the bus owner and the police about the
incident, they said adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video