Naxals target private bus in Ch`garh; all passengers safe
Raipur: Naxals intercepted a private bus in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh and evacuated all the 22 passengers on board before abandoning it near a village there, police said on Friday.
The incident occurred late last night when a group of Maoists stopped the bus belonging to Tomar Travels near Mardadand village under Basaguda police limts and fled with
the vehicle, Bijapur police officials told a news agency.
All the passengers are safe and unharmed, they said.
Both the driver and conductor of the bus, which was ferrying passengers from Jagdalpur (in Bastar district) to Basaguda were threatened to leave the vehicle, which was targeted 15 kms short of the village, police said.
The bus was later recovered from a spot near the village. Additional police force was rushed to the spot after the duo informed the bus owner and the police about the
incident, they said adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers