Naxals torch 4 vehicles, attack police team in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Naxals Saturday torched four vehicles and attacked a police team, injuring two police personnel, in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh.
The incident occurred in the forest area in Surokhi village, police said.
The Naxals intercepted four trucks involved in road construction work near the village and set them afire, they said.
A CRPF and police team was rushed to the area but as it neared the village, the Naxals attacked it, injuring two personnel, they said.
The security personnel retaliated, following which the Naxals escaped, they said.
The injured have been admitted to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet