Naxals torch 4 vehicles, attack police team in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Naxals Saturday torched four vehicles and attacked a police team, injuring two police personnel, in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh.
The incident occurred in the forest area in Surokhi village, police said.
The Naxals intercepted four trucks involved in road construction work near the village and set them afire, they said.
A CRPF and police team was rushed to the area but as it neared the village, the Naxals attacked it, injuring two personnel, they said.
The security personnel retaliated, following which the Naxals escaped, they said.
The injured have been admitted to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley