Naxals torch 4 vehicles, attack police team in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Naxals Saturday torched four vehicles and attacked a police team, injuring two police personnel, in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh.
The incident occurred in the forest area in Surokhi village, police said.
The Naxals intercepted four trucks involved in road construction work near the village and set them afire, they said.
A CRPF and police team was rushed to the area but as it neared the village, the Naxals attacked it, injuring two personnel, they said.
The security personnel retaliated, following which the Naxals escaped, they said.
The injured have been admitted to hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed