Naxals torch 4 vehicles, attack police team in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Naxals Saturday torched four vehicles and attacked a police team, injuring two police personnel, in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh.
The incident occurred in the forest area in Surokhi village, police said.
The Naxals intercepted four trucks involved in road construction work near the village and set them afire, they said.
A CRPF and police team was rushed to the area but as it neared the village, the Naxals attacked it, injuring two personnel, they said.
The security personnel retaliated, following which the Naxals escaped, they said.
The injured have been admitted to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka